Friday, January 27, 2017

Scanner Bar

Working a couple hours overtime at work allowed me the extra spending cash to buy my first scanner bar. I was hesitant to purchase it at first, mainly because no one lists dimensions of their scanner bars, so it's hard to determine that theirs will fit the bumper purchased. Another hesitation is just the unknown quality and never having dealt with the particular seller, I don't know how honest they are. But all that aside, I looked at all the vendors scanners, what they offered and the price they were asking for it and chose one.
I purchased Sid Knights 32 LED Scanner bar. There are video's on Youtube of others showing this particular light bar off. It does come with a controller board to select the sequence of flashing desired. Personally, (I am surprised more people do not do this) I am going to modify the controller board a little so it will be my Surveillance Mode. I always saw Surveillance Mode as KITTs light. The LED's going up and back representing the pattern of the Light bar. Use the little black push button as the ON/OFF, and twist to select the pattern. Perhaps, I can even use the same button to turn on my Radar Detector as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment