Monday, June 15, 2015

KITT Serial Number & ID Plate

I contacted a machine company that specializes in custom plates to have this plate laser engraved on black anodized aluminum for my KITT replica. I was inspired by the 1:18 Hotwheels KITT that has "Alpha Circuit, AD227529, Warning: High Voltage" text under the hood and wanted something similar for when my hood was up. I tweaked the original Toys design a bit so instead of identifying the Alpha Circuit (of all things, that is a very minor part on KITT), I wanted to identify KITT himself, or at least, the car itself. The city (Nores) is the one on Michael Knights vehicle registration, so I assumed that the Foundation would also reside in the same city. In addition, I included the Foundations phone number. I know in the show KITT identifies himself as "Serial Number: Alpha Delta 227529", and some individuals have taken the "Alpha Delta" part literally. Personally, I view it as KITT using the Phonetic Alphabet (just like the guys/gals at Hotwheels did), Alpha for A, and Delta for D.

I purchased two, in thoughts of keeping one and selling the other, but now that I think about it, I may want one under the hood and one on the door. I have not decided on the location yet. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: Looks like I may have inspired someone(?) with my design/layout of the plates

No comments:

Post a Comment