Thursday, October 2, 2014

1983 Pontiac Firebird S/E - Original Body - Exterior

The car had not been registered since 2003, so I had to get that done first thing. I decided to get custom plates for my KITT, so the original plate is no longer. The first thing that I just had to do was remove the trailer hitch. I had a neighbor who said he was interested in that if I decided to remove it. KITT was not designed for towing anything. Unfortunately, my S/E didn't come with the spoiler, so I will have to pick one up used, to keep costs down.


 The nose appears to have a little denting at the top, and it was raised up enough that it was preventing the headlight from going up. My father-in-law and I readjusted the lights and tried to bend the bumper back into place, and the drivers headlight popped up without any problems. It's great that both lights still work. Rumor is that the motors on the lights are one of the first things to go and are really expensive to get fixed. I was told that the car had been repainted black some years ago. Not entirely sure why, but it looks great. Just needs a coat of wax and something to get rid of the wax buildup in all the crevices. I am so glad that the car came with the correct style rims. I will need a Trans-Am hood, the fenders with the scopes, and ground effects.
originally posted July 2, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment