Thursday, October 2, 2014

1983 Pontiac Firebird S/E V8 5.0L 4-Barrel Carburetor - KITT

I found the car in Bend Oregon. The story goes that the car came from Los Altos California back in the 1990's. It made its way up to Oregon where it it was purchased by its third or fourth owner in '97, who owned it till they passed away. The car has been sitting for 11 years before I brought the car home. The front nose has some crumpling. The rear bumpers paint is coming off, probably due to being painted with a non-flex paint. T-Top leaks. A/C doesn't cool. Torn up drivers seat. Hood struts no longer hold it open. There was a trailer hitch added. Oil leaks. Transmission leaks. Rear breaks need replacing. Brake fluid 4% contaminated. Needs tune up. Needed carburetor adjusting. And so on. The second I saw the car, I said it was beautiful. I had to have it. This is going to be my base in converting it to KITT from Knight Rider. My father-in-law is an electrical engineer, so with his help, we will get KITT working with all kinds of gadgets. He will be the car of the future.
originally posted July 2, 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment